Liked the jump out of this galloper and he did it in solid time in comparison to the rest of the morning's heats. The horse he beat has some talent and would start a short-priced favourite in this. I'm happy to be with him in front of the current favourite, The Olympian.
R3 Brimarvi Vehero
Love the map for this horse and happy to lock in the $3.10. He should nearly box seat behind Hard Rock Girl and should get his chance to win. The only concern would be if he settles with the blinkers on for the first time but he's been a more settled horse of late so hoping it all works out well.
R5 Oh Mo
Always been a big fan of this horse and I've never shied away from backing him with weight. He rises 6kgs on his last start win but has won with 60kg and 61kgs in the past. He's clear top pick and worth a bet.
R7 Territory Titan
He maps to find the front quite comfortably and it's very hard to fault his form. Kayla Crowther is replaced after winning three on the bounce onboard him but the 1.5kg claim for Caitlin Jones will help. He looks very hard to beat.
- Parks track generally considered an on-pace track and the last three years of data reflects that.
- Generally when the rail is moved from the True to the 3m position the track races in the same manner as it did when True.
- The last 8 times we've seen that movement (True out to 3m) we've seen the same pattern present at back-to-back meetings.
- Last meeting on July 18 we saw a very even track, so expecting that to be the case again.
- Verdict : Even track, less of a leader-bias than usual.
R3 Hard Rock Girl $2.90
I'm not sure she's that well in giving only 2kgs to an in-form 6yo gelding. She'll probably lead but I think she's under the odds and a clear second pick.
R7 Rothmoore $3.80-$4.00
Went well last start but think the winner, Territory Titan, had a bit in hand late. Drier track won't be in his favour either. Should jump $5.00.