TRSA advises that owing to the recent COVID-19 cases being reported in South Australia, the full set of restrictions regarding attendance at race meetings, trials, jump outs and track work by non-essential racing personnel have been re-introduced.
Only essential racing personnel are allowed to be present at “racing activities” in the designated racing activity areas. These restrictions will come into effect at midnight tonight (17/11/2020).
Essential racing personnel are defined as:
- Thoroughbred Racing SA stewards and veterinarians
- Trainers, jockeys and stablehands with a runner at the race meeting
- Barrier attendants, starters and essential track staff
- Clerks of the course
- Judges and photo finish operator
- Weighing room staff and jockeys’ attendants
- Raceday event staff and security including horse stalls, mounting yards and float carpark
- Ambulance services
- Farriers and other essential service providers approved by TRSA in conjunction with the club
- Broadcast services including the racecaller
- Restricted core racing media as approved by TRSA and the club
- Restricted operational race club staff and management
Further information around race meetings and future events will be announced on Tuesday 17 November 2020.